A sincere thank you! and grazie mille! to the wonderful couple behind Maple & Saffron for nominating Wedge in the Round for the “Liebster Award”. M&S have been frequent followers of the blog and I enjoy reading about their views on the interesting combo of Canada & Italy. Check them out!
By the terms of the award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers.
Wedge in the Round facts:
- I’m a former broadcaster and classical musician who is in the process of launching a new business (hint: it’s has to do with cheese).
- I grew up on the American Great Plains but apparently it was not cold enough nor snowy enough so we ended up in Canada South, aka Minnesota.
- I was not much of a wine drinker ten years ago… now it’s a multiple days weekly habit, almost exclusively around the wines of Italy, especially the North.
- I’m a fairly accomplished cook who rarely cooks any more.
- Great vacations included two weeks on the Avalon Peninsula of Newfoundland and wandering Scotland.
- Would seriously think about living in London if we could figure out how.
- Risotto. Mushrooms, aged balsamic, parmigiano. Period.
- The blog started on a whim… a place to assist my learning about cheese.
- Married – and she likes cheese as much as I do but she is gainfully employed.
- Locally sourced, slow food.
Q: If you were to leave for a trip in 5 minutes, what are the 3 things you’d take with you?
A: My wife, comfortable shoes, a sense of adventure.
Q:What instrument have you ever wanted to learn to play?
Q:Which recipe you really love cooking?
A: Anything grilled.
Q:What’s your favourite song when you’re travelling?
A: Hmmm. I mostly listen to spoken word, but Bing Crosby and 1940’s swing always work.
Q:You’ve just landed in Italy: what’s the first dish you wish to taste?
A: Does a 20 year old bottle of Barolo count as a dish?
Q:Mountains, hilltops or beaches: where would you go on vacation?
A: Love the mountains – so let’s say the Italian Alps.
Q:What’s the best thing about your country?
Q:How do you like spending your day off?
A: Time at the gym to counter the rest of the time with food and wine.
Q:What’s your favourite world cuisine?
A: Other than American? Italian.
Q:If you could only save one of your books, which one would you choose?
A: McCalman and Gibbon’s Mastering Cheese 😉
Q:What role/part would you like to play in a movie?
A: The cheesemonger with a dark secret and a penchant for keeping his knives sharp and his cheese wire handy.
My Nominees and 11 questions for them:
11 questions for blogs I’ve nominated:
- What is the number one reason you started your blog?
- And what is the number one reason you continue it?
- What have you learned from the blog?
- How much time do you spend per week on your blog?
- What has surprised you about the blog?
- If you could start over, what would you change?
- When not blogging, what do you do for fun?
- Your favorite place to eat out?
- Favorite PRINT magazine?
- Your next big thing?
- Guilty pleasure?